Today is an exciting day for us at OnFinality as we get to finally unveil a project that we’ve been working on for a long time. We’re proud to announce the open public beta of our new shared node API Service for Polkadot and Kusama networks — try it out now!
The API Service allows any developer (from a individual hobbyist to a high performing and growing team) to access high performance managed shared nodes at minimal cost so that they can start developing immediately. It expands on our core mission, to support all blockchain developers in the world by providing core infrastructure so they can focus on building the next dApp.
Our API Service will launch with access to both the Polkadot and Kusama network, but we plan to extend that to some of the best public networks out there in the Polkadot/Substrate ecosystem soon. We plan to use this phase to test out our scalability, load balancing, and other internal controls before a full launch shortly. And best of all, for the beta phase we’ll provide a generous request limit completely free!
Some of the key benefits our API service provides:
- Managed for you — We will do all the hard work for you in terms of infrastructure maintenance.
- Fee to Start — During the beta phase, our API Service will be free so that we can test and improve our services as quickly as possible. We will keep a generous free tier when we end the beta phase so that you can still try new things.
- Scalable — We will take care of scalability and resiliency so you can access nodes that are close to you and your users.
- Global — Our load balancers will distribute your requests to the closest node to your users, use our API Service to scale with performance from day 1.
- Monitoring — We’re building our dashboard to give your the monitoring that you need on your requests and app performance so that you can understand and serve your users better.
- Documentation — We’re all started somewhere, we plan to help all new to blockchain development with easy to use developer getting started documentation.
- Polkadot/Kusama Support — We’re strong believers that Polkadot and Substrate is the future of blockchain development. Polkadot’s unique architecture means that we can focus on one network and then be able to support multiple current and future chains automatically and help build a thriving network of developers.
Try it out
It only takes a few minutes to get going and best of all, it’s completely free. Find out more here
Our API Service is currently in beta. We’ve got big plans for it, but please treat it as such and avoid running production applications on it.
We love to hear your feedback though, and appreciate it if you send any ideas or share your experience using the Feedback button on the right of our app — just send us a message and we’ll make sure that we reply!