August by the Numbers
- Our largest ever day so far, with over 350 million requests in a single day.
- 4.88 Billion requests in August over our 15 supported networks
- At the end of August, a total of 18.3 Billion requests in OnFinality’s lifetime (9 mo)
- The last Billion requests took only 4 days.
Firstly, we’ve been completely successful on our main goal this quarter, to be launch partners with every single parachain. From the first block, OnFinality has provided RPC endpoints (and in many cases boot nodes) to Karura, Moonriver, Shiden, Phala, and Bifrost.
Towards the end of August the activity to our service really picked up. As you can see in the graph below, the announcement of new parachain auctions on the 19th marked the start of a steady increase in traffic.
On the final day of August we had our largest ever day so far, with over 350 million requests in a single day — that’s an insane 4,000 requests each second.
Our new Rebrand
We’ve worked hard behind the scenes to completely update our entire brand. It now has brighter colours to reflect the exciting future of OnFinality and the blockchain industry. Our traditional blue has been replaced with a deeper shade that is more vibrant and bold. Hints of green have been introduced to represent the growth that we help each of our customers achieve.
“Our new design better demonstrates our brand identity and modernises the overall interface. We’ve put a lot of attention into our onboarding pages to make a strong first impression and to provide a more engaging product experience” — Cassie Wang, UX Designer at OnFinality
Looking back to the past
Since we launched our API service, we can look back at two three events that forced us to rapidly scale
- Parity’s downtime on April 21st: All infrastructure providers (including us) experience downtime of one form or another. This event massively increased our usage as the ecosystem realised that there were third parties providing public RPC endpoints
- Kusama Parachain Auctions on June 10: The first batch of auctions brought a lot of interest into our ecosystem, and you can clearly see the spike in traffic driven by Kusama in the graph above
- Parachain activity increase: Over the past week we have seen a relentless increase in traffic from each parachain to our servers. As a trusted infrastructure provider to each of our customers, we are rising to the challenge